Jan 14, 2016

Product Review: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Pro LongWear Concealer
I was very excited to try this product out since I've been searching for the best concealer for my skin. When I showed this on one of my collective haul video, some actually commented that they broke out after using this product so I decide to try it out first before doing an actual demo and sharing my thoughts about this product.

I got mine as a gift from my husband when he went to Malaysia for 1 week of work. I am not sure how much is the exact price of this product here in the Philippines but he got this from the MAC cosmetics store in Petronas Twin Towers Kuala Lumpur for RM84. I got the shade NC30




Packaging:
Comes in a 9ml glass container 

I love that it comes with a pump. It's always an added point for me when a foundation or liquid concealer has a pump for easy access of products and hygienic purposes. 

Manufacturing information is also indicated on the container.

Consistency
This product is a bit runny but it's one of those products that you can say "a little goes a long way"
and I think because of it's liquidy consistency, it's really easily to blend. You can use your fingers, a brush or sponge and very much buildable too.

Claims of the product:
Long-wearing, 15 hours
Water-resistant
Transfer-resistant
Dermatologist tested
Ophthalmologist tested
Non-acnegenic
Fragrance-free
For all skin types

The photo above show my face without concealer but I did apply a cc cream to event out my skin. As you can see my undereye circle are still visible. (its worst without the cc cream)

Now this photo shows that the undereye in my right eye is more lighter with the concealer spread-out evenly. 

Now here is a photo when both undereye areas has one layer of the concealer.

comparing my under-eye area before and after applying the concealer. it definitely covered most of the dark areas with just one layer. What more if I latter another layer ^_^

My final thoughts about this product:
Packaging: 4
I like the package because it small and it's not taking too much space. I also like that it has a pump to help control how much product you get out of the container however, the glass container makes it not travel friendly
Application: 5
I love how easy it is to blend in the skin. You can use any brush or sponge or event your fingers to apply and blend to get that polish look
Claims: 5
Water-resistant - I don't sweat underneath my eyes so I didn't got to test this either
Transfer-resistant: This is true. Once you apply it and sets in your skin, it stays put... Amazing!
Fragrance-free: soo true.. no scent at all!
Longevity: 5
I didn't test it base on the hours claim but 6 hours without touch-up and still looking fab and crease free is surely a winner
Affordability: 2
Not bidget friendly. It's also not available in most department stores.
Oily Skin Friendly: 5
Definitely recommended for oily skin like me

Overall Verdict: 4.3

To view my full demo and longevity test, watch my Roadtest Review video for this product below: