Sep 22, 2013

Product Review: ELF Eyebrow Treat and Tame Review

I've seen this ELF Eyebrow Treat and Tame on the ELF counter at SM Megamall and I didn't hesitate to get myself one. I've seen this product used by Nee of Bebexo in Youtube in one of her eyebrow tutorials and she liked it so much.

A few details that I've gathered about this product:
Price: Php249.75
Availability: SM Department Store / Robinsons Department Store / Watsons/ Local Online Shops
Shades: 5 shades (Ash, Dark Brown, Meduim, Light Brown, Deep)


To be really honest, I wanted to get this product because of the brown tint it has. This product is divided into 2. One end is the Treat and the other is Tame.

The treat side is the clear gel type and can be applied using the brush. The purpose of the "treat" gel is to condition, repair and restore the eyebrows. It can be use alone or underneath makeup.
The treat side is the tinted gel type and can be applied using a mascara wand brush. The purpose of "tame" eyebrow mascara is to brush the eyebrows to define and keep them in place for a fuller and more tailored look. It has a color that could slightly change the color of the eyebrow hair-strands.
Trying the product on my eyebrows without any product underneath it other than foundation will give you a decent, natural looking eyebrows. This picture below shows how it looks on my eyebrows with one coat.
I also think its buildable. This picture below shows how it looks on my eyebrows with two coats.
I really can't comment on the Treat side of this products since I haven't use it but I did list some of my observations about the tame side of this product:

Pros
- pigmentation looks natural as it is
- the want is firm and stiff

Cons
- using the tame alone didn't give a darker color pay-off
- shade is very limited.

Verdict: 3/5
This product is good to be use for everyday look but I am just looking for more.

Below is a demo video on how I used and applied on my eyebrows.