Jul 24, 2013

Product Review: Essence Clear & Matte Oil-Free Make-up

I've been trying this foundation for a while and I think I am ready to give my honest opinion about this product. I've got this product from SM Megamall Department Store Watson's Section where mostly where I got my make-up from. It was a surprise to see a new brand counter and the amount of people wanting to see what this brand has to offer. The counter was a bit crowded so I waited to a while and decided to check-out other counters first. When my opportunity came, I scouted the counter to see what products I can buy and test and this is the 1st product that I saw. I immediately grab the sample bottle and read the label at the back to see the purpose of this make-up.

What actually caught my attention was the "Oil-Free" label that this product have. I have an oily-combination skin (most of the time oily) and I've been struggling to find a good foundation that will keep-up with the skin type that I have. I've never read any previous blogs or articles about this but I trusted my instinct and grab one bottle for me to try. I can't believe how affordable this make-up is which only cost me Php249.00.

The next day, I immediately tried to use this product and posted a picture of my look on my Facebook Page. This was the 1st time I tried the product and after application. I really liked the results that I saw.
I decided to try the product for several more days before I create a final verdict on this. I tried to wear the foundation with and without primer just to see the difference. I also tried to wear it with and without setting powder to see how long the Matte effect will last. Now, I have completed my road test for this and I am ready to share my thoughts about it.

What it Claims:
  • Oil-free foundation
  • Mattifying
  • Moisturizing
  • with Vitamin-E
  • Dermatologically tested 
What I liked about the Product:
  • not greasy
  • do not transfer after application
  • matte finish
  • no disturbing sent
  • even out my skin with good blending
  • with Vitamin-E
  • travel friendly
  • Thick consistency
  • with dispenser (hygienic) 


What I don't like about the product:
  • limit shades (3 shades available)
  • light to Medium coverage
  • does not cover dark circles/spots and blemishes
  • after 4 hours of wearing the make-up, oiliness on my T-Zone started ti pile-up
Before and after application picture:

Video review: