Apr 19, 2014

Product Review: ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon

It's been a while since I posted a blog and hopefully, now that I have more time in my hands, I can post more specially product reviews that were long-delayed. I recently post a video about a collective have I had and one of the most requested product to be reviewed is this ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon.
It looks very promising so I decided to do a review and demo using this product. I though it would also me nice for me to blog about it so I can share more about my thoughts and details about the product.


I bought mine from SM Megamall for Php249.75 and I got the shade Pitch Black. There were 2 other shades available if I recall it right (Moss and Purple) but I decided to just get the black one since I've been eyeing to get the one from NYX but unfortunately it's not available in local malls.
However comparing it to the NYX Jumbo pencil, this eyeliner is retractable. At first I though it was a good idea to make it retractable, but then I realize that it has a jumbo tip which might be a challenge for some who would like to control the thickness of the line they wanted to achieve when lining their eyes.
For the price you pay, you can get a decent amount of product and could last you more or less than 1-2 months depending on how frequent you use it.
Here is a swatch of the product and a screenshot from the clip when I tested the waterproof capability of this eyeliner.
without flash
with flash
waterproof test
Here are my final thoughts about this product:
Pros:
Smudge proof
Waterproof
Long-lasting
Didn't transfer into my eyelids

Cons:
Hard to apply. Requires more pressure to create a line.
Not creamy enough
Hard to blend
Pricey for an eyeliner