Oct 22, 2013

Product Review: Neutrogena Skinclearing Foundation


I've been researching on what foundations are good for girls like me with oily-combination skin type and I've seen some reviews and videos on some so I decided to list them and try to search for those who are available here in the Philippines. Luckily, more and more online shops are selling cosmetic products that are usually not available in the Philippines local malls and some products they sell are even cheaper compare buying it to the malls nationwide. 

One store I usually visit online or even when there is a bazaar near my place is the Chedelyn's Cosmetic Collections. They sell a variety of cosmetic products and tools. Surprisingly, one of the foundations that I listed is available on their store however, the shades that they offer a very much limited. So I decided to purchase this Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-free Makeup foundation.

Important Details about this product:
Price: Php530.00
Availability: Chedelyn's Cosmetics Collection
Weight / Amount of product: 1 FL OZ or 30ML
Shades: 12 shade available (Classic Ivory, Natural Ivory, Buff, Nude, Soft Beige, Natural Beige, Fresh Beige, Meduim Beige, Warm Beige, Natural Tan, Honey Beige, Tan)

What it claims?
- treat acne
- won't clog pores
- Hypoallergenic
- controls shine with natural looking coverage
- lessen the oiliness to control acne
(picture)

Unfortunately, there is only one shade available during that time so I ended up getting the Nude shade which is lighter than my skintone but I guess I can work it out.
The product container is a thick glass which is heavy and it may not be practical to bring this container with you when travelling. 
It doesn't have any pumps which is a big factor for me specially with foundation because I always want to control how much product I can get out of that container.
What I really like about the product is the consistency. Its not liquidy and not too thick. I prefer using a kabuki brush or a sponge when applying this foundation. 
When you first apply the foundation, you would automatically know that this is a full coverage foundation. I also like the fact that it blends easily as well on the skin.
When blended, you would feel a powdery effect so you could probably skip setting the foundation or if needed you could use less setting powder to prevent it from caking.
Here are the list of my observations about the product:
Pros
- creamy consistency
- even out my skin
- full coverage. covered my blemishes, dark spots and lighten my under-eye circles
-  build-able
- doesn't feel greasy
- matte to powdery finish
- with .5 % Salicylic acid
- natural looking effect
- long lasting. After 4-5 hours, the foundation still looks good
- controlled my oiliness

Cons
- container is heavy and not travel friendly
- doesn't have a pump
- does have a scent (chlorine)
- not available locally

Below is the before and after application look and also my look after finishing my make-up for the day.
You may also check-out the demo video below: