Feb 4, 2011

MixandMatch Haul

Recently, I am not happy on how my eyebrows look lately. I feel like they are not on the same level and they don't look a like. I watched different gurus on how to groom your eyebrows to at least give it some justice but I am still not happy with it. On her video, she used an eyebrow stencil to help guide in filling her eyebrows and the proper direction of plucking it. This is when I begun my hunt for a stencil that will help and guide me in grooming my eyebrows.

I've search far and wide for a stencil in the market but I found none. Then I tried looking for a local online store that sells stencils and luckily, I found one.

The website is called MixandMatch which is a multiply account and the name of the owner is Sharon Chua. She was so nice to ship the product to me in a short notice.

I only wanting to get the stencil but since I have to pay for shipping which is almost half of the price of the stencil, I decided to add one more stuff in my order. These are the product I bought from her:

Eyebrow Template


This stencil costs for Php120 only. The package has instructions but it is written in Japanese/Chinese characters so you will have to look for someone who knows how to read these characters to translate the instructions for you. Good thing about the instructions is that it has images that might help you understand what is written.
I find it very convenient and easy to use because unlike other stencils, this has a nose guide which will help you maintain a correct level for both eyebrows. I am currently growing my eyebrows now to match the stencil guide. Here are some shots of my current eyebrows with and without fill:

ECOTOOLS 6 piece Eyebrush Set

I got this brush set for Php795 and it is made out of bamboo for the handle, soft taklon bristles which is also known as synthetic fiber and a natural cotton and hemp travel case. This is mainly the reason why its called ECOTOOLS because all materials use in this tool are eco-friendly.
The set comes with 5different brushes. It is very convenient since the brushes has its name on the handle so you would know when and where to use the specific brush.
Large Eye Brush
This is brush is perfect to use when applying one eyeshadow shade all over your eyelids because it covers a large area of the lids which makes the application easier and faster. You can also use this as a blending brush.
Angled Crease Brush
This brush is use when applying eyeshadow into your crease. This is not limited for its name. You can also use this to apply highlights in your brow bone.
Petite Eyeshadow Brush

Use this brush when applying eyeshadow in small areas of your eyelids. This is perfect for applying deeper or accent colors for a bold look.
Highlighting Brush
Perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corners of the eye. Sometimes I use this as a crease brush because it can get it easily since the bristles are tapered. 
Smudge Brush
This brush is perfect for smudging sliners along the lash line to achieve a smoky look. I also use this to apply highlights in my inner tear ducks and eyeshadows in my lower lash line for more complete look.

The last part of this set is the Travel case with Mirror.
This is very convenient since the size is small enough to fit in your bag.
It has a strap to secure all the brushes together.
There is also a brush holders to grasp the brushes with different sizes.
and a mirror for touch-ups.

I love all the brushes in this set because I can bring all of them when traveling and the brushes are sol soft and easy to manage. I definitely would recommend this to all of you.

I hope you guys find this stuff interesting and somewhat help you. Let me know what you think about the products or what are your experiences about it.