Jan 1, 2011

New Years Glam Look

This is my last video for this year and I want to make it special (in my own way). While everyone is busy preparing food for the small gathering we will have for the New Years eve, I decided to film a look I would want to wear for any year end party. I picture myself in a party where everyone is dancing, drinking and having fun.

I started of with a clean canvas. I washed my face with my facial wash and dry it. I then applied moisturizer to regain the moisture lost. I used Celeteque Facial Moisturizer


Once the moisturizer is absorbed by my skin, I applied a facial primer. This will help my skin lessen its oiliness and of course, it will make my make up last all night long. I used Dream Base On Slim and Cover from Etude House.
It's a little expensive but but this is the only brand that I am a aware of that offers the cheapest bargain. They have two shades. The first one is purple which is good in normalizing the yellow imperfections in your face such as sallow complexions and yellow bruises. The second one is the green one which can be used to neutralize any redness in your face such as blemishes, zits and red blotches. I got the green one since I don't normally have yellow spots in my face but instead, I got more redness.
When using this product, apply it on the areas of your face that gets really oily. I don't recommend applying this all over your face. Since this primer have a green tone, it might give a unnecessary undertone once you apply your foundation on. Just target the areas where you need them and blend it well.

Now, once the primer is set into your face, apply a long lasting foundation. If your have oil free foundation, use it. This will help your make up last all evening. I use a mixture of Revlon Color Stay Make up Foundation in Nude shade and the Maybelline Clear Smooth Mineral Foundation in Natural shade. I think this will help me achieve the long wearing foundation but still feel light.
I also use the stippling brush from Etude House when applying the mixture
I used a clean sponge and spray it with clean water to absorb the excess make up and to achieve a smoother and airbrush effect in your face.

Next, I conceal any obvious blemishes and my under eye circles using my favorite concealer from Etude House. When applying concealer, I prefer using my fingers instead of a brush.
Then I set my foundation  and concealer using a loose powder from Fashion 21. I really like this loose powder because it gives a smooth finish.
With my eyebrows, I used to use a light powder shade to fill it in. Since this is a night look, I want my eyebrows to be well define and darker. I found a nice dark brown shade in my Fashion 21 48 Color Eyeshadow Palette that is perfect for the look I want.
Now let's start with the eyeshadow. Before applying any eyeshadow, I prep my eyelids using a eye primer or with a concealer. In this look, I use the Elf Eye Primer.
Any eyeshadow you apply on top of this will surely look vibrant.
I also apply cream eyeshadow before applying any powder eyeshadow. This will help my eyeshadow to stay longer.
In this look, I used the gray cream eyeshadow.

To make my eyes look lighter, I applied a matte white eyeshadow in the inner 1/3rd corner of my eyelids. Then I used a light dark gray shade in the outer 2/3rd of my eyelid. I make sure that I don't go beyond my crease. Using a blending brush or any fluppy eyeshadow brush, blend the color upward to remove any harsh lines cause by applying the eyeshadow. Next, I applied a matte black eyeshadow at the outer corner of your eyelids. Then blend it inwards. This will create an illusion of a deeper eyes. Get the same dark gray color and I applied along the lower lash line. This should complete the eye look. These are the shades I used from the Fashion 21 48 Color Eyeshadow Palette.
Then using my favorite eyeliner, I line my upper and lower lash line. I used the Fashion 21 Black Eyeliner because it's glides on really smooth and easy.

Next is to contour my face. I use the dark brownish shade from Nichido Trio Blusher to contour my chicks. This will help my face look thinner. I also contour my nose. I love taking pictures of myself and my friends and I don't want to look like I have a small flat nose because of the flashes from the camera. I used a light brown shade for this.

You can leave your chicks like this or you can add a light shade of brush. I applied a generous amount of Nichido Cheek Mouse in Plum Brulee on the apples of my chick to give it a natural look.
Now, it's time to curl my lashes. I used the Fanny Serano Curl Lash to give my eyelashes a flirty look. Then I applied the Nichido Length and Curl Mascara. 
this is a water proof mascara and its good for evening parties.

For my lips, I used Avon's Simply Pretty Color Bliss Lipstick in Pampering Pink which is a nuddy pink color. This is my favorite lip color so far. I to have a simple nude lips because I don't want my lips to empower my eyes.
See how much I use this lipstick? ^_^

And you are all set! Fix your hair and dress up gorgeously and your ready for to welcome the New Year!