Jun 20, 2013

Product Review: Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine Free Cake Powder



I am in the search for a new press powder since I already hit the pan of my MAC Studio Fix compact and its close to finish. I strolled around the Watson's section on SM Megamall thinking that I might find something and I did! I stopped by the Maybelline counter and saw Red Flags showing 10-20% discount in selected items and my heart just started rattling, however, the press and compact powders were not on sale so I was disappointed. I just realize how much I loved the Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder before so I thought of getting myself one of those again.

But something else caught my eyes! A small face compact that will be perfect for a small make-up kit I bring everyday! It's the Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free Cake Powder Refill!


Price: Php 159.00
Store: Watsons Section SM Department Store in Megamall

I also saw the compact version of this but I decided to get the refill instead since I am reluctant with their tag line "Shine Free". I have a very oily skin and it's been a challenge for me to keep my face less oily through-out the day.
 
The plastic container is small and can fit on your pocket. I got the shade in Honey and this small compact also comes with its own sponge applicator so can apply this try or wet! There is also a plastic tray (sort of) that will help keep your sponge away from the powder specially if the sponge is damp.
 
                                                  What it claims and contain?
            • All day shine free control
            • It has SPF 25 / PA++
            • UV Protection
            • Fairer Skin
            • It conceals
            • Long Wearing
            • Smoothes
            • Evens
            • Non Comedogenic
            • Gentle on Skin

What I like:
  • Small and perfect for small make-up kits
  • Very affordable (Php 159.00)
  • It comes with a sponge
  • Very smooth on the skin
  • No Scent
  • Nice coverage
  • Light on the skin

What I don't like:
  • Sponge smells like rubber
  • No mirror included
 Verdict:
4 out of 5
After application (10am)
End if the day picture (9pm)

Demo and Product Review Video